NEWS AND EVENTS
PARISH TAKE-OUT BREAKFAST
The CWL and Knights of Columbus will be selling a delicious take-out style breakfast combo outside the glass house after the 8:00am Mass and until 10:30am on Sunday, October 17th.
The combo consists of a foil wrapped breakfast sandwich (bacon, egg and cheese on an English muffin) a hash brown patty; individually wrapped pair of chocolate chip cookies and a juice box selling for $10.00 for the combo. All prepared respecting COVID protocols. There will be no interior or exterior seating. Just walk-up after Mass, or drive-up later to the sales table on the grass near the walkway to the glass house entrance, and then head on home to enjoy!
Come early, quantities will be limited! Proceeds will be donated to the charities supported by the two councils.
REMEMBRANCE DAY MASSES
NOVEMBER 6th and 7th
There will be Remembrance Day Ceremonies before each Mass during the weekend of
November 6th and 7th. Flags and Remembrance Wreaths will be in place with a Knights of Columbus Honour Guard in attendance. One Minute of Silence will be observed followed by the singing or recital of "In Flanders Fields".
40 Days for Life Campaign: 40 days to pray and fast for an end to abortion. Daily vigil, 7:00am – 7:00pm at vigil site southwest corner of Queen & Bank St., Ottawa, until the end of October.
PROOF OF VACCINE - UPDATE
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO PROOF OF VACCINE IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND ANY RELIGIOUS SERVICES, INCLUDING MASSES, BAPTISMS, FUNERALS AND WEDDINGS.
The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops has released an official letter of apology to the Indigenous Peoples for the role of the Church in the Indian Residential Schools. Click here to read the letter of apology and view more related news from the Archdiocese.
Thinking about the Catholic Faith? If you are a non-Catholic or simply a curious Catholic, interested in learning more about Catholicism then our RCIA course is for you. It will be held weekly on Wednesday evenings beginning September 29th. For more information pick up a pamphlet at either doors of the Church or call the Parish Office
It is not too late to sign up!
CWL Charity Fundraiser with Fundscrip
Our parish CWL has joined with Fundscrip to raise funds for our community. All funds raised will be shared with our church, local schools, food banks and others in need. There are over 250 retailers participating in this program (incl. Walmart, Loblaws, Food Basics, Metro, etc.). All you have to do is purchase gift cards for your everyday groceries, gas, or entertainment such as books! For more information go to: https://group.fundscrip.com/en/TZKQQB/charity-fundraiser
..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..
Campaign for Conscience Rights Legislation in Ontario
Archbishop Damphousse encourages all the faithful to engage in a new communications campaign launched by the Bishops of Ontario in support of establishing conscience rights legislation to protect physicians, nurses and other health care workers in Ontario. Here is a link for sending automated letters to your local MPPs: http://www.canadiansforconscience.ca/ontario/
(Note: to access the automated letter, scroll down the page on that site where you will find the letter info boxes just below the Youtube information message video for Coalition for HealthCARE and Conscience).
OUTDOOR HOLY COMMUNION
Sundays, 9am to 10am
For those who cannot attend an indoor Mass, the provincial regulations do permit an outdoor service. As such, I will be distributing Holy Communion outdoors on Sundays between 9:00am and 10:00am. For those coming, please follow these procedures:
1. You must come in a vehicle (no walk-ups). All occupants of the car must wear masks and must remain in the vehicle.
2. Drive to the side door entrance of the church. When I see you, I will step out of the church.
3. If there is a vehicle ahead of you, please do not come any closer than two metres to it as this is a provincial requirement. If there are several cars already waiting in line, consider parking in the lot until one vehicle leaves.
4. I will approach the vehicle at the side door entrance and distribute Holy Communion through the windows to each occupant. I will be wearing a mask and the communicants must keep their masks on as well during the distribution.
5. Once everyone has received the Host in their hands, I will step back; then you may lower your masks to immediately consume the Host in view of me. Do not drive off before consuming the Host. You cannot receive a Host to take away to others not with you.
5. After Holy Communion, I will give the occupants of the vehicle a blessing.
6. Then immediately leave so that other vehicles may approach.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For more events, please visit our VIRTUAL CHURCH click here