NEWS AND EVENTS
CANCELLATION OF CONFIRMATIONS IN MAY
To parents of children scheduled for Confirmation on May 25th and 26th, due to the extension of the government lockdown and stay at home order, we unfortunately have to cancel the currently scheduled Confirmations. The Confirmations will be re-scheduled as soon as restrictions have been lifted. We will contact all parents at that time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..PRO-LIFE NEWS..
Campaign for Conscience Rights Legislation in Ontario
Archbishop Damphousse encourages all the faithful to engage in a new communications campaign launched by the Bishops of Ontario in support of establishing conscience rights legislation to protect physicians, nurses and other health care workers in Ontario. Here is a link for sending automated letters to your local MPPs: http://www.canadiansforconscience.ca/ontario/
(Note: to access the automated letter, scroll down the page on that site where you will find the letter info boxes just below the Youtube information message video for Coalition for HealthCARE and Conscience).
CWL Charity Fundraiser with Fundscrip
Our parish CWL has joined with Fundscrip to raise funds for our community. All funds raised will be shared with our church, local schools, food banks and others in need. There are over 250 retailers participating in this program (incl. Walmart, Loblaws, Food Basics, Metro, etc.). All you have to do is purchase gift cards for your everyday groceries, gas, or entertainment such as books! For more information go to: https://group.fundscrip.com/en/TZKQQB/charity-fundraiser
OUTDOOR HOLY COMMUNION
commencing Sunday, Feb. 7th, 9am to 10am
For those who cannot attend an indoor Mass, the provincial regulations do permit an outdoor service. As such, I will be distributing Holy Communion outdoors on Sundays between 9:00am and 10:00am beginning on Sunday, February 7th. For those coming, please follow these procedures:
1. You must come in a vehicle (no walk-ups). All occupants of the car must wear masks and must remain in the vehicle.
2. Drive to the side door entrance of the church. When I see you, I will step out of the church.
3. If there is a vehicle ahead of you, please do not come any closer than two metres to it as this is a provincial requirement. If there are several cars already waiting in line, consider parking in the lot until one vehicle leaves.
4. I will approach the vehicle at the side door entrance and distribute Holy Communion through the windows to each occupant. I will be wearing a mask and the communicants must keep their masks on as well during the distribution.
5. Once everyone has received the Host in their hands, I will step back; then you may lower your masks to immediately consume the Host in view of me. Do not drive off before consuming the Host. You cannot receive a Host to take away to others not with you.
5. After Holy Communion, I will give the occupants of the vehicle a blessing.
6. Then immediately leave so that other vehicles may approach.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Father Lindsay Harrison
The Parish Office remains closed until further notice.
Telephone messages and emails will be answered.
If you or someone you know needs Anointing of the Sick, individual Confession, or has another pressing pastoral need I am available.
Simply call the office (613-829-1760).
Keep well, God bless,
Fr. Lindsay Harrison
**BEWARE OF SCAMS**
Beware of email and text message scams allegedly coming from me and asking for a favour. Do not respond to them and instead notify the parish office. Unfortunately these types of scams will probably be on the rise. My apologies that such things are happening.
For more events, please visit our VIRTUAL CHURCH click here